The best web hosting service provider right now is UK Box. The reasons are many but, it provides an excellent value for money, hosts many websites worldwide, offers a free SSL certificate and unlimited bandwidth on all its plans.
How to explain the web hosting service in very simple terms
Think of web hosting providers as landlords and servers as properties.
Shared hosting is one of the worst things you can do for your website. Put too many websites on one server and the quality-of-service drops, the reasoning behind this is that too many websites slow down the server.
Dedicated hosting is the best option you have when it comes to web hosting uk as you will have an entire server just for one person. Expensive but definitely worth it as you will have everything you need. There are still minor limitations though but dedicated hosting allows for the best options around.
5 must know tips about buying a web hosting service in UK
From our experience, we believe these are the five key things to consider when selecting yours:
- You almost always get what you pay for: As an essential business, it’s often false to go for the cheapest hosting deal or a free one. However, that doesn’t mean that all cheap deals are bad. It’s just that most can be extremely bad for the service you are expecting.
- Beware of pricing: The majority of web hosting services uk offer low prices at the beginning of their contracts, but after this they then up the pricing after the first few month’s end, which can be between 24, 36 or even 60 months after signing up. Always look for the total cost of ownership of the server. When it comes to paying for your server in advance, we don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing.
- Just how trustworthy is the web hosting service uk provider: Just about anyone can pretend to be a real web hosting service uk, simply by reselling someone else’s product. The best way to get past this is to look to see how long the web hosting service has been around, if they have a contact address, who owns them, are they making realistic promises on the website and so on. Google is your friend here.
- Know your own limits: Just how comfortable are you with creating your own website? We imagine that not many people are, especially with the functionality of the common day. Do you need external help? If so, UK Box can help you to build you a website by getting in touch with their sister company The Web Designer Group!
- Consider web builders: You need a good web hosting service in UK to get your website online, but not many people will tell you that, as many will want to get you on shared hosting which is an absolutely terrible idea.
What are the different types of hosting services?
In a shared hosting service, a user shares a server with other sites and web hosting accounts. While these might be cheaper, it is the worse decision to make as they are slow loading, share bandwidth and clog up servers especially if there is one huge website and several smaller websites.
Virtual Private Servers (VPS) or Cloud hosting enables you to scale the resources provided with web hosting services in uk as and when you need them, rather than being restricted by a physical server. They draw from a number of resources such as processing power, memory and storage depending on your requirements. VPS usually take one physical server and allocated dedicated resources whereas cloud hosting takes a bunch of different servers and allocate resources across them.
With a dedicated server web hosting service, you have the entirety of the web server for your own use, with significantly faster performance.
Web hosting service in uk companies usually offer three or four tiers of hosting packages. Other than the aforementioned tiers, we will also be considering WordPress hosting.
How to choose the best web hosting service in UK
The web hosting services uk your business can choose from will mean making a decision about whether a shared, dedicated, or cloud-based server is right for your business.
Very small businesses will usually opt for a shared server. Costs are low, but your business will be sharing its server with several other enterprises. You can always move up to a virtual private network (or VPS) if needed.
A dedicated server, is just one server with your business on it and will only ever have your business on it. Dedicated servers are not as expensive as they once were especially with UK Box around these days. They can make economic sense if you want your business to have its own web hosting server platform and don’t want to have to worry about other businesses on a shared server impacting your online business if they have problems.
Lastly, as the cloud has made a major impact right across the entire business environment, business web hosting service uk has also embraced Cloudflare, and now offers an alternative to the more traditional hosting methods. The power of cloud hosting is in the flexibility it offers: in effect, your business can purchase the space and web hosting services uk it needs now and expand at any time with zero disruption to your business.
Consider UK Box as Your Hosting Provider
If you’re not thinking about UK Box after reading this article then you must be crazy! Check out our hosting prices and get in touch with us. We have a number of different hosting packages which you can see on our homepage.